Community Message Boards

Thread: Cleaning out the CLUTTER

Default Cleaning out the CLUTTER

In getting ready for the holidays I am imposing a no clutter moratorium on my house. I have given myself a reverse New Year's resolution to have all of the clutter gone by 12/31/11. So, as I decorated for Halloween this year, I took all the old decor, costumes, etc. and got rid of them. I am going to do the same with Christmas and other holiday decor. I also take one room a week (or two weeks depending on the need) and really go through the area for clutter - magazines, mail, papers to file, papers to throw away, pictures, anything that needs a home or needs to go. I can't tell you how much better it feels to not hold on to the STUFF anymore.

Anyone else ever had this epiphany?
    Peace is always beautiful. ~ Walt Whitman

Scarlett, DH and I started that about a week ago. Doing it when we can but little by little we are getting rid of clutter (well most of it anyway)
    Roses will bloom again. Just wait and see. Don't mourn what might have been. Only God knows how and when, but Roses will bloom again.

God Bless,
    Terri Lynn

Just to make you all feel better about your state of clutter, here's a picture of the clean out of my storage room.

Click the image to make it full size.

The computer on the right hand side is from about 1997.

There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

I have to do some decluttering right away. Dh's class and their wives are coming here for their Christmas party. We've had them here for dessert before but not for a holiday meal. I'll have plenty of help with the party but none for the decluttering.
    Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
    Exercise daily; Walk with the Lord.

In God We Trust

I always get sidetracked when I get into a stack of pictures. I found some the other day from college and could not remember who in the world some of those people were! I ended up tossing them in the trash.

This weekend I am going to clean out and organize my pots and pans and baking items.

This week is pots and pans and baking dishing and utensils. How do you store your measuring cups and spoons?