Community Message Boards

Thread: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 10/7?

Default What's for Dinner, Sunday, 10/7?

I just noticed that its tomorrow already! Well, its Sunday so it seems like tomorrow. OK, I just need to go to bed!!

Any menu you'd care to share? I'll come back after I sleep for a while!

I'm still awake AND drunk.

Dinner tonight is going to be a largely self-created dish that I've made for years and that I call, Pasta Chicken.

Fortunately, I have the recipe on my computer and I don't think I've ever been too drunk to use a computer.

I got my first computer for Christmas...

In 1986.

And no, I'm not a geek. Not at all.

PASTA CHICKEN

Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; 6 carrots, peeled and sliced; 2 crowns fresh broccoli, sliced; 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder; 1 teaspoon basil; 1 teaspoon salt; 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese; 2 cups alfredo sauce; 1 cup whole milk; 1 pound cooked spaghetti.

Directions

Cube chicken and cook in oil over medium heat until done. Drain chicken.

Chop carrots and broccoli. Sprinkle with garlic and basil. Cook in oil over medium heat until tender. Drain vegetables.

Combine parmesan cheese, sauce, milk and spices in skillet. Add chicken and stir. Add vegetables and stir until vegetables are coated with sauce. Cover and simmer over low heat.

Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Drain spaghetti and top with chicken and vegetables.

Can also be served over cooked white rice.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

MA, I hope your pretty little head is smack dab in the middle of a pillow and you're snoozing away. Did you have a tiny bit of S.T.'s choice of the day? LOL!

ST, thanks for that recipe. It sounds delish and I'm going to give it a try, maybe one night during this week. Today, I have a pork loin to cook and what else, you might wonder? Well, I'm wondering too, so if you come up with something that will help me, please feel free to say so!

Y'all make it a great day. I'll be back!

SouthernThunder - thanks for the Chicken Pasta recipe. It sounds very good! I'm not certain what's on for tonight -- however, I am going to make a Seven Layer Salad for One. I was salivating over Nora's (that she took to the party, and didn't share with her SR friends). I was told once that to make the Seven Layer Salad for One, you just layer it in a wider, but not nearly as deep, pyrex container like a 7 x 11 casserole one. That way you can just scoop out what you want, put the foil back over it, and into the fridge it goes. The balance of the salad is still 'seven layers'.

Fran

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN AND LOVE MUCH

Hidden Content smalltown

Make it larger, Fran and I'll meet you in the Sun Room. You do want to share, don't you?

Nora, I love pork loin...I love candied sweet potatoes with pork loin...what time did you say you'd have dinner tonight? You Didn't Say???? LOL!

ST, that recipe sounds super. How's your head this morning?

[QUOTE=MindaAnn;192567

ST, that recipe sounds super. How's your head this morning?[/QUOTE]

I'm 37 and been drinking since I was 15.

A little thing called, tolerance...

My head is fine.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

I absolutely LOVE candied sweet potatoes -- especially with pork loin and Seven Layer Salad. Nora, it is OK with you, isn't it, if we come to your house (as long as we bring the salad, and ST brings his bottle of hootch)? If ST brought a really BIG bottle of hootch, we could even come earlier. Sounds good to me

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN AND LOVE MUCH

Hidden Content smalltown

Quote Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
    I absolutely LOVE candied sweet potatoes -- especially with pork loin and Seven Layer Salad. Nora, it is OK with you, isn't it, if we come to your house (as long as we bring the salad, and ST brings his bottle of hootch)? If ST brought a really BIG bottle of hootch, we could even come earlier. Sounds good to me
    I'm ready! S.T.? We're waiting on you...

We had spaghetti with meatballs, a big salad and garlic bread. It was really good and hit the spot on this chilly day.

Could I join in the trek to Nora's house? Nothing better than pork and sweet potatoes. Can you tell I'm born and bred Southern?