Community Message Boards

Thread: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 10/11?

Default What's for Dinner, Thursday, 10/11?

Is it my eyes or do y'all think the print is smaller? I'm not good with change!!

Anyone cooking tonight? Not sure what will be on our menu, but I saw on another thread that Fran had mentioned a lot of things with pumpkin involved. I saw pumpkin pancake mix yesterday and although I'm not sure about that one, pancakes did stick in this brain of mine. May very well be my dinner....I might eat pancakes during the debate....with lots of syrup to sweeten up the pancakes and the debate!

Bless you, Minda Ann, for starting this thread! I've been running, then walking all around the place -- trying to find the dinner thread. I used to have "Pancake Sunday" once a month when I had my two dogs. They would get the dregs of the breakfast. All I'd have to say is, "It's Pancake Sunday" -- and they'd come and start dancing around in the kitchen! Of course, I'd eat 85% of them prior to the 'girls' getting their portion. It's either pancakes (guess I'm a copycat) or a piece of Dover sole in my freezer, with something.

Yes, Minda -- I do believe things are smaller -- and definitely not as cozy. I can't even see the faces of the smilies with my glasses on! I'd hate to tell someone how 'lovely' they were looking, then add the EEK or CONFUSED smilie!!!! There are three smilies that all look alike to me now, and one that looks like it has WHITE eyeliner under their eyes (which one is that?????) And I tried using the GREEN color for my print -- it is still plain black ---- isn't it?? How can we expect members of our 'family' to come back now -- when we are in a USER UNFRIENDLY area???

Fran (this is the one with the white eyeliner!)

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN AND LOVE MUCH

Hidden Content smalltown

Yeah, changing the font size is one of the many "improvements" they've made here.

Dinner here tonight is going to be a dish called Country Chicken Supper and cornbread.

Country Chicken Supper is cubed chicken breasts with tomatoes, carrots, green beans, rice, salt, pepper, basil and then topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

Well, well. I don't do change very well either folks and its taking me a while. I did like the 'new post' choice we DID have. The fact that the little icon indicates a new post just isn't the same. I guess we'll have to adjust our way of thinking. What makes people think change is always good?

Anyway, we're having BBQ chicken out of the crockpot. Green beans. Rice. Hot biscuits and butter with pear preserves.

Now my mind is on pancakes. There is always tomorrow. I think I'll start tomorrow's dinner thread in case we can't find our way back out here to do it tomorrow. But with that reasoning, don't think anyone else would find their way here to post their menu.

An what is that auto save thing that keeps popping up. My auto has been saved for many years! LOL! Haven't had a new car since my kids were in college! EEK! (Better than the smilie.)

Later, y'all. Maybe, y'all!!

I was wrong about what I was cooking for dinner.

I forgot that I bought some cod that was on sale because it was going out of date and I had moved it from the freezer to the refrigerator to thaw.

I can't refreeze it and so I'm going to fry that tonight and serve it on top of this, http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...rsley-noodles/

I'm going to make either corn bread or hush puppies to go with it. I'm not sure which yet.

DH is away on a business trip. His wife had a pimento cheese sandwich, chips and a small deli salad! I did have some Oreos for dessert while watching the debate last night.
    I think that is a smiling smilie I just clicked on. Does admin realize that some of us are getting older and our eyesight is not so good?

My eyesight is 20/20 and I don't get what they're doing with the similes.

I didn't bother to watch the debate. I don't need to. I already know who I'm voting for, even if I have to WALK to do so.

My neighbor has an Obama sign in his yard.

I ordered my Romney sign last night...

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Thunder View Post
    My eyesight is 20/20 and I don't get what they're doing with the similes.

I didn't bother to watch the debate. I don't need to. I already know who I'm voting for, even if I have to WALK to do so.

My neighbor has an Obama sign in his yard.

I ordered my Romney sign last night...
    I do watch the debates, so far they have been comical. I know who I'm voting for..got an extra sign, ST?

Quote Originally Posted by Nora View Post
    I do watch the debates, so far they have been comical. I know who I'm voting for..got an extra sign, ST?
    No but you should order one.

Good money to a good cause.

OK!! Will do.