Community Message Boards

Thread: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, Nov. 13

Default What's for Dinner, Tuesday, Nov. 13

Thought I'd get this started before running my errands. Will let you know what I'm having when I get back. What are your plans for tonight?

Fran

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN AND LOVE MUCH

Hidden Content smalltown

Fran was catching up on threads and read your take out dinner MG drive thru. I can only dream but country life doesn't involve a nice drive thru.

Ok dinner tonight is leftovers for DH...he can pick from chili, etoufee, pulled pork

Cool here in Bama. I'm thinking cool weather food. Maybe a chicken pot pie!
    Roses will bloom again. Just wait and see. Don't mourn what might have been. Only God knows how and when, but Roses will bloom again.

God Bless,
    Terri Lynn

Well, I got chicken drummies, BBQ smoked pulled pork, applewood bacon 'sliders', and blue cheese/craisin stuffed chicken breast. Got a pound of ground sirloin for the dog (I boil it with rice and/or pumpkin for her). I have sides of all kinds - but yearning for cooked carrots. The butcher always fixes me ABSOLUTELY FRESH meat for the dog (and hopefully for me, too). This is the local chain grocery store where I take periodic cooking classes with a friend, and also the store where the produce manager 'goes in the back' to get me the best watermelon, or the best grapes, etc. And there are a lot of sub-managers walking around, asking customers if they are finding what they want (and if not, telling you they will add it to their computers and have it the next time the customer is in the store). The seafood lady told me they are running a special on crab legs - so towards the end of the week I'll get some of those and have a crab leg fest!

Tink, by drive thru I just meant a Wendy's, or a Steak 'n Shake or maybe a greasy taco at Jack In The Box. However, tho I've never tried it, the nice restaurants (Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden, Red Lobster also offer 'take out'. You call in the order, give them a credit card number, then when you pick it up, there is a special parking area and they bring it right out to your car. Sounds good for foul weather, doesn't it?

Angel, do you make your own chicken pot pies? There used to be a gourmet grocer close by that made the very best chicken pot pies!!! However, they cut back recently and no longer offer the pot pies. When DH was alive, he'd go there and get lamb chops -- and tell the butcher how thick he wanted them cut!! They were very good, too!

Whatever you have ~~~ enjoy!

Fran

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN AND LOVE MUCH

Hidden Content smalltown

Just me and Baby Girl tonight. She is a chicken nugget lover so....................I'll probably just fix a salad for myself.

I stopped at a local place famous for their hotdogs..had TWO hotdogs and fries!!! No dinner for me tonight, but I'll probably have something to nibble on later...such as chips or cookies!

We had sausages, candied sweet potatoes, broccoli with cheese sauce and corn bread. I think I hear dh making us something with ice cream and pecans - don't know what else, but it's usually good - oh, it has bananas and chocolate syrup on it. Good guy! I think I'll keep him.
    Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
    Exercise daily; Walk with the Lord.

In God We Trust