Community Message Boards

Thread: What's for Dinner, Monday, November 19

Default What's for Dinner, Monday, November 19

The month of November has flown by! Well, Minda -- the Stouffer's Meat Loaf dinner was absolutely the best. I might even say "just like Mom used to make". The 'loaf' was not humungous, but just right for me. I opted out of most of the gravy - but what I did taste was very good. The potatoes did NOT taste like typical TV dinner mashed taters -- but almost like I make - except better! I'll try the lasagna next. However, today some dear former neighbors are taking me out for lunch at Mimi's - so that will be my 'dinner' of the day. They have everything good, so it will be hard to decide what to get, but will probably go with the Cobb Salad or the salad with sliced strawberries. Or maybe the turkey sandwich with roast asparagus.

Once again, welcome back Belle - and come back S.T. What is everyone having today? Yesterday, it was only Minda and I thinking of food (hmm, Minda - guess that puts some kind of a 'mark' on us?)

Fran (this smilie makes me feel like I'm a secret agent!)

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN AND LOVE MUCH

Hidden Content smalltown

I'm not a Stouffer's fan myself.

I've liked some of their dinners okay for a quick eat but I've tried the meatloaf and lasagna both and I didn't much care for either one.

But then, I'm not making anything gourmet tonight myself.

Cheeseburgers topped with mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce and tomato.

Tomorrow night I'm going to top the remaining hamburger buns with leftover sloppy joes from the freezer.

I'm not sure on Thanksgiving eve.

I usually order a pizza but I've gotten kind of burned out on pizza.

I'm leaning toward picking up some deli sandwiches but my two faves are both a bit too far to drive when I have so much cooking to do.

There's a deli just around the corner and it's not that they have bad food, but I worked there, for over two years and so I'm a bit burned out on their food as well.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

Quote Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
    The month of November has flown by! Well, Minda -- the Stouffer's Meat Loaf dinner was absolutely the best. I might even say "just like Mom used to make". The 'loaf' was not humungous, but just right for me. I opted out of most of the gravy - but what I did taste was very good. The potatoes did NOT taste like typical TV dinner mashed taters -- but almost like I make - except better! I'll try the lasagna next. However, today some dear former neighbors are taking me out for lunch at Mimi's - so that will be my 'dinner' of the day. They have everything good, so it will be hard to decide what to get, but will probably go with the Cobb Salad or the salad with sliced strawberries. Or maybe the turkey sandwich with roast asparagus.

Once again, welcome back Belle - and come back S.T. What is everyone having today? Yesterday, it was only Minda and I thinking of food (hmm, Minda - guess that puts some kind of a 'mark' on us?)

Fran (this smilie makes me feel like I'm a secret agent!)
    Well, secret agent, I'm glad to see an update on the meatloaf. Jim loved meatloaf and I'm made so many over the years....he always said they were good, but they were never made by a recipe and thus were never the same.
    I do like the lasagna...not as good as homemade, but definitely good for a quick meal.
    Fran, you know I already have 'the mark' on me....I'm the cookie monster. Why I don't weigh 200 pounds, I don't know!

Have to run....time to eat!!! LOL!