Community Message Boards

Thread: Dinner on Thursday, 11/29?

Default Dinner on Thursday, 11/29?

Anyone cooking today? Fran or Nora usually start a thread....sometimes S.T. will start one in the wee hours but I didn't see one for today. I did zap a spammer in the "What's for Dinner" section.....guess they consider spam a major food!!! LOL!

Anyway, what are y'all cooking today? It's a little on the chilly side (chili...that would be good) and I always think of soup. I do have a few containers in the freezer..might have soup for lunch.

S.T., I hope you post the recipe for that Mint Julep Cake soon...if you have, I haven't seen it and I sure would like to have that recipe! Thanks!

You're up early.

I'll try to get the Mint Julep Cake up later today.

Dinner tonight is leftover sloppy joes from the freezer.

And yes, I'm up at odd hours and sometimes I post accordingly.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

Hi Minda Ann! I sort of have been steering clear of this site, as when I get ready to post, there's spammers here. Anyway, thanks to you, it's clear right now. I'll try and give Claire a call today also.

I had a neighbor come by a few days ago with a large container of homemade turkey soup. Her son-in-law had made it -- all from scratch -- after Thanksgiving. It was the best I'd had since the days my Mom and Grandma made it. All the ingredients were 'from scratch also' (carrots that did NOT come in the little plastic bags), --- OMG it was so good, and I ate the last of it yesterday. Not sure what is in store for meals today. The repair guy for the washer is coming today between 11 and 3. Not sure if it will be a repair or a trip to the appliance store to pick out a new one.

Fran

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN AND LOVE MUCH

Hidden Content smalltown

I think we are going out for pizza.

Nothing thrilling nothing exciting...leftovers of the meatloaf and scalloped potatoes.
    Tomorrow I'll come up with something delish to cook.

We had grilled pork chops, rice and gravy, left over greenbeans and a sliced tomato that a friend brought by. He had moved a plant into his little greenhouse and still has a few tomatoes. Yumm. I saved some for a BLT tomorrow.

ST, I'm gonna be watching for that recipe! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Thunder View Post
    You're up early.

I'll try to get the Mint Julep Cake up later today.

Dinner tonight is leftover sloppy joes from the freezer.

And yes, I'm up at odd hours and sometimes I post accordingly.
    I got up around 5:30 this morning, S.T. and I'm heading for some sleep shortly.

I hope you're able to get the recipe posted, but I know you're busy, so don't worry about it....have you made a decision on the job offers yet?

I'm sorry it took me a while to get the recipe posted but here it is.

http://community.southernliving.com/...-Cake&p=194290
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16