Community Message Boards

Thread: Thursday, 12/13/12, what's for supper?

Default Thursday, 12/13/12, what's for supper?

Anybody with any good ideas? A little on the chilly side here this morning..maybe chili?

Beautiful here and very warm for this time of year.

A friend of mine told me he played golf last Sunday and couldn't believe it was golfing weather in December.

I was cleaning out the upstairs freezer and found some leftover ham and some leftover deli rolls and so I'm making toasted ham and cheese with potato chips.

The little corner store I'm going to go to get the chips has some local homegrown tomatoes in a basket on the counter and so I may get a tomato to go on them.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Thunder View Post
    Beautiful here and very warm for this time of year.

The little corner store I'm going to go to get the chips has some local homegrown tomatoes in a basket on the counter and so I may get a tomato to go on them.
    Ummmmmmmm, wish we still had fresh tomatoes. Our plants gave up about the end of October. These were some that we planted late in the "growing" year and only had small fruit.

I really don't know who or how somebody came up with fresh tomatoes this late in the year but the one I bought was great.

I may go back and buy some more.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Thunder View Post
    I really don't know who or how somebody came up with fresh tomatoes this late in the year but the one I bought was great.

I may go back and buy some more.
    If I were you and could find fresh................I would absolutely purchase them. None in my area even in my CSA box which has greenhouse grown items. Wow, homegrown right now. I can only dream.