Community Message Boards

Thread: Saturday, December 22nd -- What's for Supper?

Default Saturday, December 22nd -- What's for Supper?

Can't believe I get to start this thread -- and I'm not even cooking today! I'm headed to Knoxville for the day and will take in the Lady Vols game this afternoon, so will be eating out after the game. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good casual place to eat between "the Summitt" and Nashville? The storm a couple of days ago left us with cold and clear weather, so comfort food sounds appealing today.

Started out early to finish Christmas shopping. Ate a late lunch at a fav Mexican restaurant. Baby girl had a mixture of things for supper.

I live in Knoxville and have all of my life but unfortunately I saw your post too late to be of any help.

But for the next time you get to town, while not confined to just Knoxville, Firehouse subs is one of my favorite casual places to eat and Nixon's is a close second.

You'd have to drive a few miles but Litton's has some of the best burgers in town.

Doan's market and deli on Cecil, off of Broadway has great food, the only downside is there's nowhere to sit and eat, it's totally takeout.

I suppose I should add that I'm a bit biased in that I personally know the owners of both Litton's and Doan's and I used to work at Doan's.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

As for my dinner, I finally got around to making my pasta chicken.

Default Ideas for Christmas dinner?

Sorry, I meant for this to be in a different thread but the new and improved forum software won't let me totally delete a post and so I edited it.