Community Message Boards

Thread: What's for supper, Sunday, 1/6/13?

Default What's for supper, Sunday, 1/6/13?

Y'all cooking today? I have some pork tenderloin thawing and that will be our supper along with veggies which at this time haven't been chosen. Dessert will probably be ice cream since I don't have anything cooked and prob will not!

I have a big pot of Brunswick Stew going and will have that plus lots to freeze and eat later. This is one of our all-time favorite winter foods.

DH is bringing pizza home. I get the chicken, artichoke, spinach, bacon with white sauce. DH says that isn't pizza. LOL
    So he's bringing me a very small pizza along with his all meat one. We will have pizza tomorrow nite as leftovers.

Picked some chard today, so I'm making penne and chard along with chicken mango jalapeno sausages.

Not really cooking tonight. Did fix "Sweet Darling" and my nephew some chicken, tater tots and apple sauce. I think Baby girl may start clucking soon. We had a late lunch out so snacking a little. Hubby, is smoking chickens to make stew.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc View Post
    I have a big pot of Brunswick Stew going and will have that plus lots to freeze and eat later. This is one of our all-time favorite winter foods.
    Can I come over? I love Brunswick Stew but seldom make it now. That was one of Jim's favorite dishes and he was willing to "put it together" which was a big help! Do you put chicken in yours, Mary? I think there was a discussion here about chicken, but frankly, I like chicken in the stew! I use both chicken and beef. Traditional? Who knows, but its good!

Quote Originally Posted by grits View Post
    Not really cooking tonight. Did fix "Sweet Darling" and my nephew some chicken, tater tots and apple sauce. I think Baby girl may start clucking soon. We had a late lunch out so snacking a little. Hubby, is smoking chickens to make stew.
    LOL!