Community Message Boards

Thread: What's for supper, Friday, 1/11/13?

Default What's for supper, Friday, 1/11/13?

This has been a very mixed bag as far as cooking this entire week. Next week I'll try to do better. Tonight we're meeting friends at a local seafood restaurant. We usually do this about once a month and I'm glad its this week. I just haven't had much to give in the line of cooking. Maybe its the post holiday thing? Maybe I just ate too much? Maybe I need to not eat anyway and am realizing this? LOL! It doesn't keep me from eating but I have definitely been a little off on the cooking.

Anyway, what are y'all cooking tonight? Are you cooking or going out?

PS..its so good not to have SPAM on the menu! Thank you, thank you, admin! Good job.

I'm having some more turkey soup - neighbor's brother made it. It is full of carrots, noodles and white meat turkey. My eating has been nil. Week in hospital was clear liquid diet, then when I came home I didn't feel like eating yet. Lost between 15 and 18 pounds. The bad news is: I no longer like Starbuck's Fraps! (I was addicted, getting a case at a time from local Walgreen's).

Fran

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN AND LOVE MUCH

Hidden Content smalltown

Fran, I hope you're improving. Not a good way to lose weight although we all want to lose after the holidays. I'm glad you're able to eat something now.

It's Friday and we usually meet friends for fish and chips (the very best!) so tonight I will meet them. DH is away so its just bri alone!

I'm probably going to have a sandwich from Firehouse Subs.

They're one of my very favorite sandwich places and I haven't eaten there in months and months.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

I had thought we would probably go out. Weather is yucky here in Georgia though.

Quote Originally Posted by grits View Post
    I had thought we would probably go out. Weather is yucky here in Georgia though.
    Not to pretty here​in Bama either! DH and I have to go to town tonight so I thinking pizza and salad bar!
    Roses will bloom again. Just wait and see. Don't mourn what might have been. Only God knows how and when, but Roses will bloom again.

God Bless,
    Terri Lynn

I got a late start last night and Firehouse was closed by the time I got around to getting out to get something.

I had decided on a turkey sub from a mom and pop deli I used to work at and a girl who is a friend of mine typically works the deli on Friday nights but for some reason she was off and this woman who could best be described with a word that rhymes with witch was working the deli and so I didn't even go in.

I know some here object to my saying that but I didn't use the actual word and regardless, if the shoe fits...

Anyway, there's another mom and pop deli just down from another store I used to work at that has almost the exact same food given that they both order from the same wholesaler.

It's about a ten mile drive each way but I'd already decided what I wanted and so I drove up there and got a turkey on light with mayo, lettuce, tomato and swiss cheese.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16