Community Message Boards

Thread: What's for supper, Monday, 1/21?

Default What's for supper, Monday, 1/21?

Inaugration "stew", anyone? LOL!! Our government is in a "pickle" and we're suffering the "butt" of this whole joke.

OK, back to real life as we, the peons, know it. Its a pretty day, a little on the chilly side, but I'm going to try to get DH to grill some burgers. Had this on my mind for the last few days and I'm hoping this will appeal to him. If not, he'll get a bowl of cereal, with milk, but I'll hide the bananas!

What are y'all cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by Nora View Post
    Inaugration "stew", anyone? LOL!! Our government is in a "pickle" and we're suffering the "butt" of this whole joke.

OK, back to real life as we, the peons, know it. Its a pretty day, a little on the chilly side, but I'm going to try to get DH to grill some burgers. Had this on my mind for the last few days and I'm hoping this will appeal to him. If not, he'll get a bowl of cereal, with milk, but I'll hide the bananas!

What are y'all cooking?
    Nora, you certainly put a smile on a Monday.

Since I haven't cooked for two days, I will do so today. My pot of vegetable beef soup lasted Friday and Saturday and since our grandson wasn't coming over, dh wanted his favorite Subway sandwich - tuna with everything except dressing. Easy for me.
    Today, I'll make Italian chicken, spaghetti and a green salad. Strawberries for dessert.
    Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
    Exercise daily; Walk with the Lord.

In God We Trust

I used to often grill in cold weather not so much since moving here some years ago.

I used to live in a house where the back patio had the house on three sides of it and a tin roof over it.

The roof was rather high and made out of metal and so I didn't have to worry about it catching fire.

The only part of the patio that was open was the side that faced the back yard and about 30 feet back there was a large two car garage/workshop that blocked most of the wind from that direction and so I didn't mind grilling out during cold weather.

After that, I lived in a house where the house was on two sides of the patio and there was a large workshop behind the patio and so it was fairly well-protected from the cold as well.

Here however, I actually have both a large charcoal grill and a dedicated smoker but they are both on the deck, which is open on three sides and two stories off the ground and so I don't do much winter grilling these days.

Dinner tonight is going to be a bit of a potluck.

I have some leftover leek and potato soup, some leftover marinara sauce, some leftover fettuccine and I'm going toast some grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

DH will bring home pizza for dinner. It will be later than I'd like, but I wouldn't eat until he got here anyway.