Community Message Boards

Thread: Saturday, 1/26, what are you cooking?

Default Saturday, 1/26, what are you cooking?

Big pot of spaghetti sauce will be simmering on the stove today. Have the makings of a tossed salad, Texas garlic toast and for dessert it'll be a chocolate sheet cake.

What are y'all cooking today?

Nora, what time should we arrive? Sounds great!

No clue as far as dinner. I'm going to start baking some cookies in a little while. The Grandchildren will be here....hopefully around noon, depending on road conditions and temperature.

Nora, we're having the same for tonight. Where we live, its very icy and as DH say "icy and dicey and no travel today". So, we're going to get out the makings for a spaghetti sauce. It'll smell good cooking. Probably will not have any dessert.

Fortunately the ice has melted here.

I had some corned beef and sauerkraut in the freezer, I have to go to the store to get the rest but tonight is most likely going to be Reubens with chips and French onion dip.

Maybe after dinner I'll have some time for my cigar and bourbon that I've tried to get to for the past three nights but never got to.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

Leftover gumbo. It always seems better after a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MindaAnn View Post
    Nora, what time should we arrive? Sounds great!

No clue as far as dinner. I'm going to start baking some cookies in a little while. The Grandchildren will be here....hopefully around noon, depending on road conditions and temperature.

Hope the kids made it. I know Grandma was excited!

Maryc, our spaghetti supper turned out great, hope yours was. I'm with ya, I love the smell of that sauce simmering.

I put ribs on before we left for church this morning so all I had to do was add sauce and cook about 15 minutes more while I made sweet potato fries, green beans with bacon and shallots and mixed green salad with cucumber and onions, and Sister Shubert rolls.
    Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
    Exercise daily; Walk with the Lord.

In God We Trust