Community Message Boards

Thread: Sunday, 2/4, what's cooking?

Default Sunday, 2/4, what's cooking?

We had easy stuff yesterday and today I'm going to try to redeem myself! Pork Loin, candied potatoes, butterbeans and I'm going to roast the rest of the asparagus that I bought a few days ago. I forgot I had it! Sure don't want any of that to waste.
    Dessert will be Pecan Pie.

I'm making beef stew and homemade bread and for the record and contrary to the thread title, this is 2/3.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

We had pork roast, steamed rice, gravy, candied sweet potatoes, roast asparagus, tossed salad, biscuits and birthday cake. dh had a birthday this past week and grandaughter has one on Tuesday. We couldn't do candles since we would have had to clear it with the fire department (there would be so many). I don't usually do rice and sweet potatoes in one meal, but couldn't make up my mind since both go so well with pork. Dh even had gravy on his biscuit.
    Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
    Exercise daily; Walk with the Lord.

In God We Trust

I was on a "road trip" with friends yesterday and we ate at a restaurant in W-S that is famous for its gumbo.....needless to say, I enjoyed it very much.
    Got back last night in time for the Super Bowl party which consisted of way too much food but the best thing was a a very decadent brownie with super dark chocolate fudge and caramel and nuts and many calories. I ate two!

Quote Originally Posted by MindaAnn View Post
    I was on a "road trip" with friends yesterday and we ate at a restaurant in W-S that is famous for its gumbo.....needless to say, I enjoyed it very much.
    Got back last night in time for the Super Bowl party which consisted of way too much food but the best thing was a a very decadent brownie with super dark chocolate fudge and caramel and nuts and many calories. I ate two!
    Only TWO?? Did you get the recipe? LOL!