Community Message Boards

Thread: Thursday, 2/7, what's cooking?

Default Thursday, 2/7, what's cooking?

We're having grilled burgers with all the trimming and a bowl of veggie soup. For dessert, a new recipe I'm trying. It's call Chocolate Praline Squares and I'm giving it a shot, hoping it will be good enough to make another batch to take to a get-together at church tomorrow night.

What are y'all cooking?

It's damp, cold and windy here today so it will be comfort food. Country style steak, mashed potatoes....green beans or broccoli and hot rolls. I'll think about dessert. Probably something with chocolate....another comfort food!

Oh, Nora, I hope the dessert turns out well and you will post it. The name sounds decadent.

MA, Your menu sounds great. I have a package of cubed steak, but I think it is too big for the two of us. I may cook it anyway and have leftovers later.

My cooking lately has been rather impromptu. Dh is still working on my bathroom. He did find the time to play golf today so probably not much done when he gets home. I have a rather rushed day so I'd better get started.
    Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
    Exercise daily; Walk with the Lord.

In God We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Licia View Post
    Oh, Nora, I hope the dessert turns out well and you will post it. The name sounds decadent.

MA, Your menu sounds great. I have a package of cubed steak, but I think it is too big for the two of us. I may cook it anyway and have leftovers later.

My cooking lately has been rather impromptu. Dh is still working on my bathroom. He did find the time to play golf today so probably not much done when he gets home. I have a rather rushed day so I'd better get started.
    Come on over and eat with me, Licia. I'd love to set a table with more than one plate! Life is lonely at times and sharing with a friend is great!

ETA: Nora, I join with Licia in requesting that recipe. Sounds good. Chocolate=good!

Hubby, is teaching tonight. It's rainy and cool. I think "Baby Girl" and I will make pizza and watch Peter Pan. She just got it yesterday. Early to bed

DH is a little late getting home tonight and we'll have waffles and sausage. I'll do eggs for him if he wants them. Coffee pot is read, waffle iron is ready and I'm ready to cook when he calls and says go for it.

We really like waffles and sausage for supper. I don't remember to make them often.
    Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
    Exercise daily; Walk with the Lord.

In God We Trust