Community Message Boards

Thread: Friday, 2/15, what's cooking at your house?

Default Friday, 2/15, what's cooking at your house?

Yesterday I read on another thread that someone was doing soup. That sounded so good that I decided I'd do veggie beef soup today. A BIG pot of veggie beef with lots to share and freeze. How about y'all? What's cooking? I do need to think about a dessert..LOL!

I've noticed that desserts are often mentioned on these threads. When I was growing up my mom always served dessert, but that's something I've never done. I'm guessing I make a dessert maybe once every two or three months. Dh & I both have a wicked sweet tooth, so desserts are just too much temptation.

Going out to eat tonight. Haven't been to Ruffino's in a long time. I'm looking forward to it.

http://www.ruffinosrestaurant.com/

Talk about a disappointing dinner! I doubt we'll give Ruffino's another chance. Could have been an off night, but when you live in a city with no shortage of good restaurants it's hard to find a reason to give one a second chance no matter what the reason. I will give them credit for excellent customer service. They removed my entree from the bill and gave us a sweet treat when we left ... a little box with 3 beautiful truffles.

They are beautiful. It is so disappointing to go to a place with high expectations only to have them not measure up to what the hopes are.
    Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
    Exercise daily; Walk with the Lord.

In God We Trust

I'll bet those truffles proved to be too much temptation, charley. We usually have a dessert, sometimes just ice cream but a sweet of some sort. One of the pleasures of life with us.

Too late to start a supper thread, but for the record, we're having left over soup, cheese sammies and banana pudding for dessert.

Nora, dh ate one last night. He said it was heavenly.