Community Message Boards

Thread: Dinner, Sunday February 17, 2013.

Default Dinner, Sunday February 17, 2013.

So, what's for dinner tonight?

I'm fixing Reubens with dill pickles on the side, along with potato chips and French onion dip.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

We had reubens Thursday nite...a version I found in the food net work magazine. Pretty good

Tonight we will have ham steaks with apricot glaze, asparagus with sesame seed browned butter and
    just for DH some of the applesauce I made last fall. Guess that could be called his dessert.

I made up ham spread with some of the ham we have in the frig and that will make for great sanwiches on Tuesday.

The rest of the boneless ham is going in the frig

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post

I made up ham spread with some of the ham we have in the frig and that will make for great sanwiches on Tuesday.
    I haven't had ham salad since I was a kid. My mom put the ham through the meat grinder. It was good stuff.

Last night we boiled shrimp. Dh was going to New Orleans tonight for a meeting tomorrow, but decided to drive down in the morning. I worked in the yard and hadn't planned on cooking. He suggested takeout from Panda Express. That'll work.

We had to take "Baby Girl" to an after hours urgent care facility this morning about 30 minutes away. Really bad ear infection that kept us up all night. We were there for a long time. Up side is we saw a wonderful pediatrician. Never had to use an after hours clinic. Stopped and had Mexican on the way home. Didn't eat until about 2:30. Hubby just grilled the two of them some monk fish. I'm still full of chips. Little one has a good dose of meds in and drops for ear pain so she is much better!!

Meatball subs, vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce!

Grits, I'm glad that baby girl got attention and is feeling better. I know you and your DH are also!

Grits, good to hear the little one is improving. Dh & I have both had to use an Urgent Care facility in the past year. We were each impressed with the care we received.

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    Grits, good to hear the little one is improving. Dh & I have both had to use an Urgent Care facility in the past year. We were each impressed with the care we received.
    Thanks to all for the well wishes. Yes, she is feeling much better.

Charley, I was really impressed with the pediatrician that we saw. I was ready to become a new patient of his. Found out only in this area a few days of the Month his practice is about 2 hours away.

Grits, I'm a little late getting here but I'm glad that Baby Girl is feeling better.