Community Message Boards

Thread: What's for dinner, Tuesday, 2/19?

Default What's for dinner, Tuesday, 2/19?

Can't believe I'm beginning this thread when I have no intentions of cooking! The weather was really nice yesterday and we're looking about the same for today. Makes me want to grill a steak, chicken, whatever! What will y'all be cooking today?

Hey doll. You were up way to early for this old girl! I actually slept a little late this morning.
    Now, about supper. I'm making a meatloaf. Thinking mashed potatoes, broccoli or green beans, a carrot and rasin salad and still thinking on dessert. A neighbor brought over some cranberry bread yesterday and it was so good..may just have a slice of that for dessert. I want to get her recipe for this stuff.
    Hope y'all have a great day!

Nora, your meal sounds good, maybe that will be my inspiration, who knows?
    Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
    Exercise daily; Walk with the Lord.

In God We Trust

I mixed up a poolish last night, so in a bit I'll add more flour, yeast, and water and make a dough for bread. I've been using the Artisan in 5 Minute recipe for the past year and just wanted to go back to the "old" way of doing things. I actually enjoy the kneading process which is totally missing from the 5 Minute dough.

Harvested lettuce and carrots yesterday for a salad with strawberries and toasted pecans. Think I'll mix up an orange vinaigrette. Tonight's entree is Italian sausage and rosemary sauce over rotini pasta.

Breakfast for dinner for me. DH is traveling and I'm having a Belgium waffle and may scramble an egg to go with that.

I'm late to the party but Pioneer Woman's Sloppy Joes and potato chips here tonight.
    There's a part of me that will always be/
    Just a boy in a hole with a M-16

My Husband taught tonight so it was homemade potato chips and London Broil for "baby girl." For me it was chips and candy from Valentine's Day. I did give my little one some fruit so not too unhealthy

Quote Originally Posted by grits View Post
    My Husband taught tonight so it was homemade potato chips and London Broil for "baby girl." For me it was chips and candy from Valentine's Day. I did give my little one some fruit so not too unhealthy
    Hmm, my kind of food, chips and candy! LOL!