Community Message Boards

Thread: What are y'all cooking, Wednesday, 2/20?

Default What are y'all cooking, Wednesday, 2/20?

Fried chicken with what ever tonight here at the old homestead. I do know what dessert will be. Friend has 'bargained' with me for a Pecan Pie so I'll make 2, one for her and one for us. That'll work!

Y'all have a great day. Check out the SR for an update on wehoney. Bri dashed through and shared some news from yesterday with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nora View Post
    Fried chicken with what ever tonight here at the old homestead. I do know what dessert will be. Friend has 'bargained' with me for a Pecan Pie so I'll make 2, one for her and one for us. That'll work!

Y'all have a great day. Check out the SR for an update on wehoney. Bri dashed through and shared some news from yesterday with us.

Nora, how about you and I making a bargain? I'll bring mashed potatoes, hot rolls and me! What time? I'll bring a green veggie also but will let you choose! How's that for a good deal?

Actually, unless Nora takes me up on the deal above, I'm meeting friends for pizza tonight.

I'm stopping for Chinese takeout on the way home. Fried chicken sure sounds good, Nora!

Last time I ordered from Penzey's they included a free jar of Raspberry Enlightenment. I'm going to use some in a Meyer lemon salad dressing and in the sauce for sauteed pork tenderloin medallions. Sides will be ginger/garlic Swiss chard and roasted butternut squash.

I made a broccoli casserole this morning for tonight's dinner and will grill some chicken breasts. Either fruit salad or strawberries for dessert.
    ]
    I had bloodwork done this morning and was stuck 3 times - twice in my arm for the big tubes and once in my hand for the little ones. I had something happen that never happened before. The big ones stopped giving blood. I don't know if this is a problem or maybe I was dehydrated or something. Bodies are wonderfully made but strange sometimes.
    Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
    Exercise daily; Walk with the Lord.

In God We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Licia View Post
    I made a broccoli casserole this morning for tonight's dinner and will grill some chicken breasts. Either fruit salad or strawberries for dessert.
    ]
    I had bloodwork done this morning and was stuck 3 times - twice in my arm for the big tubes and once in my hand for the little ones. I had something happen that never happened before. The big ones stopped giving blood. I don't know if this is a problem or maybe I was dehydrated or something. Bodies are wonderfully made but strange sometimes.

Love broccoli casserole! Sorry you had to become a pincushion! Hope the bloodwork turns out OK and they don't have to 'stick' you again!

I did have pizza for dinner....so good...one friend referred to it as a "round heart attack!" It was still good!

We had roasted new potatoes with lemon, rosemary and garlic, asparagus sour cream muffins and hamburger steak and gravy for the meat eaters.

Quote Originally Posted by grits View Post
    We had roasted new potatoes with lemon, rosemary and garlic, asparagus sour cream muffins and hamburger steak and gravy for the meat eaters.
    Morning, grits. One question..why didn't you call us to come over? LOL! Sounds like a great supper to me!