Community Message Boards

Thread: Y'all cooking, Saturday, 2/23?

Default Y'all cooking, Saturday, 2/23?

I'm not! Cousins will be here from Atlanta and we're all going out tonight. Tomorrow I'll cook!

Y'all have a great day.

I am, Nora. DH is away but I'm making chili with all the trimmings. Its that kind of day. I don't plan on a dessert but I do have a Snickers bar stashed away somewhere that I may have to eat later!

Dh is picking up boiled crawfish tonight. I'm hoping it gets warm enough to eat them out on the screened porch.

Hold on to your hats ... I'm actually making a dessert today. Have a bunch of Meyer lemons (picked from a neighbor's tree), so I'm going to use some to make Lemon Custard Cakes.

http://www.marthastewart.com/337160/lemon-custard-cakes

Just coming in tonight from a short trip to Atlanta and points south. Took "Baby girl" to as she says "the hotel" for her winter break. Chuckee Cheese, Leggoland and other points all covered. Was glad to be home, but am so glad to hear her sing with her "Daddy" right now in the den. He's reading and she is playing on the Kindle and the ipod has Hank Williams singing Jambalaya on. She sings right along and knows what a pirogue, and machez a mio (did I spell that right) are. Sometimes things are just really, really good.

As for dinner family.....chicken wings, salad and rice. I'm still full of Chuckee Cheese!!

Now She's singing "Who's Gonna Fill Those Shoe." She is for me the most wonderful thing Hope you all have as wonderful a night as I am having.

Beautiful lemons, Charley. I hope you enjoy that dessert.

Grits, I so enjoy reading about Baby Girl. You have a treasure. Thank you for sharing her with us. For me, without children, it is such a pleasure to read about this sweet child.

I had pizza and a salad. Picked them up while I was out and came home to eat and read.

Quote Originally Posted by grits View Post
    Was glad to be home, but am so glad to hear her sing with her "Daddy" right now in the den. He's reading and she is playing on the Kindle and the ipod has Hank Williams singing Jambalaya on. She sings right along and knows what a pirogue, and machez a mio (did I spell that right) are. Sometimes things are just really, really good.
    OMG, that so reminds me of Hunter Hayes when he was just a kid. Hard to believe he was up for a Grammy this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etffxJVAwIc

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    OMG, that so reminds me of Hunter Hayes when he was just a kid. Hard to believe he was up for a Grammy this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etffxJVAwIc
    They (to include us) grow up so fast. I can't believe that I have two past 25!!! Yikes............and a step son that will be 40 this year and I will be hitting 51!!!!

Eeewww................thinking about age. My Sister will be 55 in only a few days. She always loved to be older. Bet she would swap now ( :

Quote Originally Posted by grits View Post
    eeewww................thinking about age. My sister will be 55 in only a few days. She always loved to be older. Bet she would swap now ( :
    ^^lol!