Community Message Boards

Thread: What's for supper, Wednesday, 3/20?

Default What's for supper, Wednesday, 3/20?

OK, y'all. March madness, spring and all sorts of good things so what's cooking at your house? I'm doing chicken and dumplings and who knows what else, but that's a start! Also have pie left from yesterday so dessert is taken care of. Can y'all believe we're on the downhill slide of March and April is heading our way? Easter is about as early as it can possibly be but the dogwoods are already popping open. My Mama always said the dogwoods would be open at Easter no matter when Easter was...and now we need to be thinking about an Easter menu. Think I'll start a thread for that.

We're having chicken also. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans.

Nora, I'll have a peek at the Easter menu thread when I have more time. Busy day today.

Default We also

had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans last night - with homemade apple pie and ice cream for dessert. Have some cinnamon buns in the oven right now for breakfast. Not sure what's for dinner tonight - have a nice hunk of halibut that I was fortunate to get from a friend, so may be fish and chips and coleslaw and more pie.
    If it was easy, anyone could do it.

Balsamic roasted brussel sprouts with lemon, garlic and rosemary new potatoes. Plan on making sour cream biscuits. Not sure what meat item Hubby will want. Baby Girl will have the meat with rice and grapes or banana and bread.