Community Message Boards

Thread: Helllloooooo! Anyone cooking?

Default Helllloooooo! Anyone cooking?

Looks like this place is a ghost town again.

Tried a couple new recipes the past couple weeks. Barista Biscotti Bites were ok, but sweeter than I like for biscotti.

Yesterday I tried Marcella Hazen's Tomato Sauce with Onion & Butter. Another just ok. I used fresh tomatoes (the blog I first found the recipe on suggested them) and I'm wondering if the richness from the butter might have played out better with a can of tomatoes instead. It appears the original recipe called for canned, so I may try it again this winter when that's all I have access to.

http://www.sassyradish.com/2012/09/t...ce-techniques/

http://www.steamykitchen.com/8375-ma...on-butter.html

We are cooking. Hubby and baby girl are having sea bass. I'm having grilled tofu. Went to a local Peach packing shed so made some peach salsa. Also, having silver queen corn, huge salad with lots of fresh veggies and hubby will have grilled squash. I am a veggie eater but hate squash

Hi Grits - good seeing you. I have gotten into the habit of eating a salad a day. I buy lots of fresh produce and fruit at the grocery store, then toss it into a bowl. No cooking and eating what's good for me. This year I'm addicted to blueberries, strawberries, and melon. I keep apples on hand also. Maybe I'll toss in a few bacon bits. Also, some chopped walnuts or pecans. I have also been buying Brownberry brand of the Honey Wheat Bread Thins and on top I'll put a large sliced tomato, bacon cooked with brown sugar and a little basil/garlic on the tomato part. Yumm!

My local grocery store has a super deli counter, and I can get a fairly large piece of salmon, cooked, for about $3.00. The last time I got it, it had a very tasty BBQ sauce on it. Can also get any amt of fried, baked or grilled chicken. I generally save this meal for a special occasion.

Fran

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN AND LOVE MUCH

Hidden Content smalltown

We've been eating healthier......or Hubby has. He's lost 20 pounds in 20 days. I've probably lost 2 and that was due to the clothes I am wearing We cooked tonight easy and diet type foods Actually, they were good and I enjoyed. He was diagnosed with stage 2 diabetes and is taking meds but hoping to get off with a better diet. Good for us both !!!I'm a veggie and he is leaning more towards that type of food. Only thing I can think to cut out is my adult beverage and well..............I'm thinking..............no